POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : xkcd : Re: xkcd Server Time
11 Oct 2024 09:18:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: xkcd
From: Phil Cook
Date: 18 Jan 2008 11:34:22
Message: <op.t44wadiyc3xi7v@news.povray.org>
And lo on Fri, 18 Jan 2008 14:31:30 -0000, Warp <war### [at] tagpovrayorg> did
spake, saying:

> Phil Cook <phi### [at] nospamrocainfreeservecouk> wrote:
>> Actually I do, and by that measure making the iPhone the invention of
>> the
>> year doesn't necessarily make it any good, or popular, or used.
>
>   I'm not saying you are this kind of person,

Thank you

> but I have noticed that
> there are many people who, for whatever reason I cannot really
> comprehend, vehemently oppose Apple and its innovations by principle.

Apple do some really good things, and some really dumb things. Unlike with
Microsoft though it seems you're supposed to ignore the dumbness, look at
the shiny shiny.

You may recall a thread a while back where I pointed out one show that
listed the plus points of the Macbook being that all the software (movie
editing etc.) came with and was integrated into the OS, which were all
points that Microsoft have been beaten over the head with time and time
again.

I'm with Gilles in that the fanboys annoy; hell the fanboys of any product
annoy, but the Macboys seem to combine that aura of worship and smugness
more.

I just wonder how many people bought the iPhone because of its
functionality and how many people bought it because it's an iPhone?

--
Phil Cook

http://flipc.blogspot.com